Sunday, December 11, 2005

Emily Rose - Ek Ajnabee...

Monday and I am waiting to talk about movies.. This time its Ek Ajnabee and The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

Ek Ajnabee is slick .. could call it different too .. considering its a hindi flick. Its about a bodygaurd and a kid he is supposed to protect from the evil kidnappers.. As usual the nice guy bodygaurd has a traumatic past ... Vietnam.. err .. kashmir ... Inspite of this best attempts .. the kid does get kidnapped... Its a story of his revenge... with some interesting twists and turns and hyperboles ofcourse... And the positive of this movie is the kid... from acting cute to snorty "u r my driver .. now get in and drive" ..AB ...we have come to expect "great performances" from him... He looks the body gaurd part ... would have been perfect with a flatter tummy :)...Arjun rampal somehow looks too polished to play the tattooed ..rogue with a perpetual halo round his head ( its cigarette smoke .dummy) ... Well .its not disappointing....


Now Exorcism of Emily Rose... It goes on expected lines .. with a possessed girl (Why is it always a female ?.. Does the spirits have some sort of antipathy towards men.. hehe.. i wont be surprised though .. ) .. and a catholic father's attempt to cure her .. I am not going to say anything abt the story ... would only say the final slide saying its a real story would make people dismiss it as a silly yarn... Except for that ... a good movie ...

5 comments:

think_free said...

wow wow... look who is talking ;). So nice to see that you finally found some way to 'express yourself' without having to really see the tired and sympathetic faces of ur fagged audience. Na, jus kidding.. keep it flowing, hamare dil mange more!

'Exorcism of Emily Rose' is based on the true story of Anneliese Michel, a young German woman who suffered the same fate as the fictional Emily Rose in the 1970s. You can see more here, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404032/

I think it is more of a thriller than a horror movie ;-) But the movie seem to have its effect on some.. See this: http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-SXFbUBszdL8m3hkD6YgT18nYFA--?p=80

Happy blogging! I think as an introductory offer you should arrange some giveaways for visitors ;-)

think_free said...

You asked a question, 'why is it always women who are possessed?'

I think, it is easy for makeup and right from the days of Eden garden, women and devil make good company ;)

I am expecting some sparks here and there.. come on Eves :)

Sanjana said...

Hey men cannot be possessed by demons...thats redundancy.
and u must have heard of opposites attracting right? so angels..err.women getting possessed :-)

think_free said...

You erred right. But, after all getting attracted and possessed are quite different like a night and day. I guess you meant to say.. women get possessed and get attracted to angels, a.k.a. men? ;)

Glad to see that finally some one spoke up :-)

Anonymous said...

What evva...
I agree with ""women and devil make good company ;)"" how true...