Thursday, July 13, 2006

When trains learn to fly

I am not sure why I chose that title .. But that’s what flashed through my mind when I saw the reports of the blasts in Mumbai .. Its like an experiment gone horribly wrong , as if someone wanted to make the train fly and it succeed for a few moments before it was time to meet its destiny … remember the story of the man who tied wings to his arms and jumped off a cliff.. He got enlightened half the way down but by then the only place he could carry the enlightenment was to the next world.

I am wandering away from what I started. But then unlike the story this was no experiment .. It’s a child of a very sick mind… yes .. probably in the plural…Who other than loony would think of making a statement by blowing up a few hundred people… But then .. may be someone is just trying to sell his wares… Dus ka teen dus ka teen … ek se sau mare… dus ka teen ..

No I do not want to sound flippant when thousands are in mourning... but have there ever been a time when peace reigned … then it used to be wars .. now that we cant have a war just because the neighbor’s castle looks pretty… we have 9/11 , 7/7 , 7/11 ...

You may want to call it whatever you want … I would still call this act to be war too..
Modern guerilla tactics probably, but still a war being stuffed down the throat of a country unwilling to wage a war.… but the results..
whether its in the age of bows and arrows or in the age of timer bombs its all the same … peace, sent on a forced vacation…

Now is a war .. inevitable… good bad .. evil .. divine… war and peace … do all this come in pairs ??

3 comments:

Sanjana said...

Hey Hazel... if there is no man made chaos around then nature will take care of it. the hoorible rains, tsunami, earthquakes and what not... Man is not a very peace loving creature

Hazel said...

Neither is God I suppose with all the calamaties u mentioned that comes our way so often at that ...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.