31st Jan,
Bad news... I have been transferred to Pune...
Bad news, because it takes me away from home.
May not be all that bad , its like another home coming for me.
Spent 7 years of my childhood here. 7 wonderful years, had so many friends
, I am excited. Used to live in Janawadi, those days it was a place away from the city
on the foothills of a tiny mountain. So that took care of holiday activities ..
Mountain climbing was a passion with us girls .. ofcourse small rocks became
bi boulders requiring absolute grit and guts .. Dont know if I would still find my friends there.
May be I can find Priya. my best pal.
10th Feb,
Priya , still lives in the same place . I talked to her after 15 yrs. 15 yrs! I didnt really think I would find her.
and she hasnt changed at all. She still remembers the way I used to cry every time someone called me 'moti'.. Well .. I used to be a cry baby..(still am .. hehe)
She says' agu tu mhala viserle nahi??' . Didnt u forget me yet ?
'Nahi ga' . No dear..
That was all I could remember of Marathi.
I am meeting her on 17th.
13th Feb,
Finally I am in Pune. A deep breath. I have dreamt of coming here. I want to meet so many people.and oh yes Deccan Hearld. Havent held this in my hands in such a long time.
aw and the first thing I see is 'Girl jumps to death from an old MHB building' . MHB Thats where I used to live too. But then a big colony
Dont remember the buildings though
First day in office was fun.Its far from where I am put up but still the excitement is too much.
Anis did say the enivironment in Pune office is different. So much josh!
15th Feb,
No company to go anywhere today . Office as usual . Work is too much .
Just enough time to drag myself back home and sleep. Waiting for Friday
I will go up to Priya's place for dinner. Can't forget her house. Spent so many days
during hols playing cards, generally chattign reading. Its third floor house number 219.
18th Feb,
Deccan Herald:
Girl jumps to death in Janawadi.
Its the third such incident in 2 months. Police say the incident took
place in a MHB ( Maharashtra Housing Board ) Colony Building.
The top floor was gutted in a fire in '97 when the entire family was burnt to death..
The girl was from.....
*** All characters in this story are fictional and the places too . Any resemblance is pure coincidence and all that blah! and ofcourse all views are mine and purely mine .. doesnt have anything to do with the place I work ... Hmph the disclaimer is quite a mouthful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
*Phew* You gave me a fright there... thought u were leaving...esp since u used some names that i knew :-p
You gave us false hope... lol ;)
Post a Comment